Saturday, March 21, 2015

Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently.

Galatians 6

Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. v1

I often am righteous in trying to help Lisa in her walk with Jesus.  I must lead by serving and by being more gentle.

Dealing with others' sin is also referenced in Matthew:

“If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector. Matthew 18:15-17

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, I know that You deal with me gently...certainly more gently than I deserve.  I am grateful for how gentle You are and for all of the ways in which You bless me.  I am not worth such love and blessing Jesus.  I am selfish, righteous, impatient, etc.  Forgive me for such sin and help me turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message today and every day.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Heal her and cure her.  Help me serve and lead Lisa, Zach and Dustin.