Monday, March 23, 2015

A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

Galatians 6

A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. v7-8

This is a sobering warning for myself and all people that focus on pleasing themselves and others vs God.  We exist to glorify God...see other posts here.

My Prayer: Lord, You alone are worthy of my worship and I know I exist to glorify You.  You are a great God that defines "fruits of the spirit".  I desire to be more like You knowing that I can never even close to Your greatness.  I know You suffered and died for me and I am deeply grateful.  I am not worth such an act of love...I many times lack the fruits of the spirit.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me overcome my sin and help me turn away from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me love others as You do.  Strengthen me and strengthen Lisa.  Help me serve and lead Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.