Thursday, March 5, 2015

So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view.

2 Corinthians 5

So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. v16

I have often prayed for God to forgive me for my harsh thoughts, words, and actions in terms of how I think of others...including my own family!  Paul is imploring me to view others through the lens of Jesus Christ and how He sees us...as perfect in His eyes and as one of God's creations worthy of the gospel.  I am reminded of Peter's vision from God in Acts 10

While talking with him, Peter went inside and found a large gathering of people. He said to them: “You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean. Acts 10:27-28

My Prayer: Lord, You are an awesome God full of love, compassion, and mercy for all...You even came for me...a sinner!  I am not worth such an effort...my sin continues daily and I desperately need You to save me.  Thank You that You love me despite my selfishness, my judgmental nature, etc.  Please forgive me and help me turn from such sins and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do...help me see others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Help me serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.