Sunday, March 8, 2015

See what this godly sorrow has produced in you: what earnestness, what eagerness to clear yourselves, what indignation, what alarm, what longing, what concern, what readiness to see justice done.

2 Corinthians 7

See what this godly sorrow has produced in you: what earnestness, what eagerness to clear yourselves, what indignation, what alarm, what longing, what concern, what readiness to see justice done. v11

God wants us to repent from our sins, turn towards Him and believe in Him - this is what Paul refers to as Godly sorrow.  We all need Godly sorrow...not worldly sorrow as Paul calls it.   We need an earnest sorrow that produces a growing desire for Jesus.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed great in every way...more ways than I can imagine.  You have produced a beautiful day...and You have given me a day of rest and so much more...You bless me well beyond what I deserve.  I am selfish, quick to anger, slow to listen, etc.  I am weak...thank You that You love me anyway and for all the incredible blessings You provide.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me instead turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Help me give Lisa strength.  Help me lead my family.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.