Friday, March 20, 2015

For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Galatians 2

For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God.  I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. v19-20

Paul emphasizes that works in and of themselves do not prove faith.  Instead later in Galatians Paul shares what he believes are the "fruits of the spirit":

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23 

My Prayer:  Lord, I desire to be more like You, that You would live in heart and have Your way with me - transform my heart and my life. Your will and ways are perfect and I so desire to follow You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  You are a the one true God...worthy of my worship and obedience.  You bless me beyond what I deserve.  I am quick to anger and slow to listen...impatient as well among my many sins - all today and yesterday!  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me!  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith. Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Heal and cure her Jesus.  Help me serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.