Monday, February 9, 2015

Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air

1 Corinthians 9

Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. v25

God has a plan...we know that...and God wants You to have a plan...one grounded in God's guidance for You (through the word, wise counsel, prayer, confirming circumstances, etc.).  We are to be intentional in our lives to live out what we believe is God's plan for us.

See also the following link:

"For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.”

Once we understand God's will for our lives we are to be intentional...instead of running aimlessly.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God, just and merciful.  I don't know why things happen but I know that You have a plan and it is not for harm, but to prosper Lisa and myself.  Thank You Jesus so much for being the great God that You are...to me personally.  I am not deserving of a great God yet You are there...and You always have been and always will be.  I am selfish, my thoughts are often evil and sinful...please forgive me for such sin Jesus and help me turn from such sin.  Help me turn towards You instead and help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.  Help me lead my household and Lisa through this difficult journey.