Thursday, May 7, 2015

Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity.

Colossians 4

Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. v5

Paul knows that we exist to glorify God and to bring others to God.  

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. Matthew 28:19-20

Opportunities exist all the time so we must KNOW God, PROCLAIM God, then ACT OUT God so that others do not see us as hypocrites.

These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. Deuteronomy 6:6-9

...

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do. James 1:22-25

Lord help me be bold.

My Prayer:  Jesus, You are the way, the truth and the life....pure, holy, and blameless.  All Your ways and Your deeds are perfect and You know everything about me, including my sin...Yet You suffered and died for me anyway.  I am deeply grateful for such an undeserving gift!  Thank You Jesus!  Please forgive me for my lack of action and laziness.  Help me turn from such sin and towards You Jesus.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Please help me be bold on Your behalf.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength. Please heal and cure Lisa of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.