Tuesday, May 26, 2015

But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.

1 Timothy 1

But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. v16

God redeems our sin and uses it for His glory.  That is what Paul is referring to when he writes Timothy in this letter.  God uses and redeems MY sin and uses it to demonstrate to others (perhaps with the same or similar sin or who otherwise might feel "touched" or "connected" to your story) His grace and power - SO THAT others can come to know and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.  We are but instruments of God.

My Prayer: Lord, what an awesome God You are.  You are the one and only true God...worthy of my praise.  You have redeemed my sin and the sin of others for Your glory and so that others can receive the Good News of Jesus Christ.  You are so full of love, mercy, patience, gentleness, etc...for me. I am not deserving of such gifts.  Thank You anyway Jesus.  I am desperate for You in my life.  I am weak and broken...quick to anger, and slow to listen, lacking in patience. Please forgive me Jesus.  Help me overcome such sin and turn towards You instead.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me be a light to others and draw them to You.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength, comfort, and freedom from pain.  Encourage her.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.