Monday, May 18, 2015

Do not quench the Spirit. Do not treat prophecies with contempt but test them all; hold on to what is good, reject every kind of evil.

1 Thessalonians 5

Do not quench the Spirit.  Do not treat prophecies with contempt but test them all; hold on to what is good, reject every kind of evil. v19-22

Sin not only separates us from God but it also dilutes the power of the Holy Spirit within us.  We cannot know the will of God and lean on the power of God while simultaneously living in sin.  God wants to fully understand Him and His word - whether through our own reading or through the teaching of others such as pastors, etc.   We need to be serious about our relationship with God and His will for our life so that we can discern good from evil.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are truth and light...pure, holy, and blameless.  You did not need me, yet You came to earth and willingly suffered and died for me...knowing everything about me, including all of my sin.  What an awesome God You are.  I am not worth such love because I fail to give You the first fruits of my time...I am easily distracted.  Forgive me Jesus!  Help me overcome and turn from such sin and turn towards You instead.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me give You the first fruits of my time.  Give me strength. Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.