Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Yet we urge you, brothers and sisters, to do so more and more, and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody. v10-12

1 Thessalonians 4

Yet we urge you, brothers and sisters, to do so more and more, and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody. v10-12

Lord, You call us to lose our own lives so that You may shine through us.  It must be clear that what is in work in us is You.

Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.  Matthew 16:24
 ...
“Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. Matthew 5:5

See also, my other posts here.

Another key theme is that we are to work and not be dependent on the work of others.  Everyone has a role to play.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God full of love and compassion for me...You provide everything that I need.  Yet I often act as if I don't need You.  I neglect to spend time with You in prayer and in the Word.  Yet You bless me and love me all the same...what an awesome God.  Thank You Jesus!  I need You badly as I need Your forgiveness and Your mercy.  Please forgive me and help me turn from my sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me remain humble, work hard for Jesus, and allow others to see Jesus in me.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.