Monday, May 25, 2015

We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.

1 Timothy 1

We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me. v8-11

The law exists not for our use but for the use of God to point people to Him. Many people, including myself, have used the law to rationalize our own sin and this is sinful of course!

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what a great God You are.  You provide Your Word and Your commands as a way to help us understand our sinfulness and our need for a savior...our need for Jesus Christ.  And Christ came to save us...save me...knowing everything about me, including my sin.  Thank You Jesus!  Please forgive me...for my laziness, my lack of obedience, among my many sins.  Help me overcome and turn from such sin and turn towards You instead.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me use Your word for Your glory only.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Give her comfort and freedom from pain.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.