Friday, May 15, 2015

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. v16-18

This is a verse (at least 18) that I have committed to memory...but now that I read in its context I must not only rejoice always and give thanks in all circumstances but also "pray continually".  I need God to help me pray more often...to pray continually.

My Prayer: Lord You are a great God...worthy of my praise and worthy of my complete attention and devotion.  You have blessed me tremendously.  Yet I am easily distracted.  I lean too much on my own understanding and ways.  Forgive me Jesus!  Help me overcome and turn from my sin and turn towards You Jesus.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me pray continually.  Give me strength. Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.