Tuesday, May 19, 2015

He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.

2 Thessalonians 1

He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. v8

Jesus says He is coming back and He says this will be a judgement day so we better be ready (see Matthew 25).  Luke also says that "[N]o word from God will ever fail (Luke 1:37 NIV)" so scripture is God and from God than we sure better be ready and be obedient...pronto!

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God, full of love, mercy, compassion,  patience, joy...ALL of the fruits of the spirit.  You are these things at all times, including with respect to dealing with me...I am not worthy of such a relationship as I am broken and disobedient.  Please forgive me Jesus that I am not as obedient as You desire me to be.  Help me turn from my sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me obey!  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength, comfort and encouragement.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.