Thursday, May 28, 2015

Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.

1 Timothy 4

Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales; rather, train yourself to be godly.  For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. v7-8

God wants us to know Him and to develop a relationship with Him.  For us to know Him and to develop a relationship with Him, we must read, study and reflect on the Bible.  This will help us lead a Godly life as we can distinguish between Truth and false teachings.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are awesome God, full of love for me...knowing everything about me including my sin.  How awesome are You! I am not deserving of such love...I am weak, lazy, selfish, etc.  Thanks for Your patience and gentleness  with me but please forgive me!  Help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me know You fully by daily reading and reflecting on You Word.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength, comfort, and freedom from pain.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.