Monday, May 11, 2015

Therefore, anyone who rejects this instruction does not reject a human being but God, the very God who gives you his Holy Spirit.

1 Thessalonians 4

Therefore, anyone who rejects this instruction does not reject a human being but God, the very God who gives you his Holy Spirit. v8

Paul is writing the church in Thessalonica to urge the believers there to stay sexually pure. He goes on to say that rejection of such instruction is a rejection of God.  I know that sin separates us from God I've never thought about how sin is a rejection of God.  I've learned how we often grumble, and how this grumbling is complaining about God Himself. 

It is instructive and encouraging for me to think about sin as a rejection of God...this may seem counter-intuitive, but God's ways are not our ways.

My Prayer: Lord, You are the Lord of Lords, the King of Kings.  You are pure, holy and blameless.  You came down from heaven to suffer and die for me...knowing everything about me including my sin.  What a great God You are!  I am not worth such a God.  Thank You Jesus for how You bless me beyond what I deserve.  Please help me.  Forgive me for my disobedience, my lack of desire, my lack of action, etc.  Help me turn from such sin and overcome this sin and instead turn towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me be obedient!  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.