Thursday, June 2, 2016

Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

Psalm 91

Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. v14

I worry far too much - and I know this is sinful and it reflects my lack of trust and faith in God.  God tell us not to worry - see Matthew 6:25-34.

The antidote for worry is to draw near to God to have a fuller understanding of His greatness.

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

My Prayer: Lord, You ARE a great God, all the time, and in all ways.  You are perfect.  I should love and trust You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Yet often I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me be mindful of Your greatness and all the ways that You have and continue to bless me.  Thank You Jesus for knowing everything about yet still loving me.  Thank You for choosing me, adopting me, and suffering and dying for me.  I am not worth such a gift and for such grace.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Give me strength. Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.