Friday, June 3, 2016

It is good to praise the Lord and make music to your name, O Most High, proclaiming your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night....

Psalm 92

It is good to praise the Lord and make music to your name, O Most High, proclaiming your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night....v1

God wants us to depend on Him for all of our needs, whether they be physical, emotional or spiritual.  To express our dependence, we must spend time with Him, understand the fullness of His character and attributes, how great He is, and to grow our love for Him.  Only when we love Him, will we depend on Him.  As the author writes here, time in the morning and the evening provide a means for us to start and end our day with Him, so He can guide us and then forgive us when our days are not what we or He intended for us.

 Blessed are those who listen to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway. Proverbs 8:34

My Prayer: Lord, You are a God that provides for all things...I know that apart from You I have no good things.  Thank You for the many good things I experience - far too many blessings than I deserve.  I am often distracted by the matters of this world - please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from such sin and help me turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength. Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.