Friday, June 17, 2016

He spoke to them from the pillar of cloud; they kept his statutes and the decrees he gave them.

Psalm 99

He spoke to them from the pillar of cloud; they kept his statutes and the decrees he gave them. v7

We all want to know God's will for our life - yet many people struggle with this question.  We often continue struggling with this question yet we miss something key in the process - our life is not about us but about glorifying God and if we are to glorify God we must take the time to know and understand all about Him, His character, and His attributes.  Check out these resources:
 See also Romans 12:2:

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

In today's Psalm, what is clear is that God spoke to Moses, Aaron, and Samuel because "kept his statutes and the decrees he gave them".  Now God may and does choose other times to speak to His children, but He is more likely to speak to you if you draw near to Him and desire to follow Him.  See also my post from a couple of days ago.

My Prayer: Lord You are a great God worthy of my praise and worship.  You are perfect in all that You do, and You created all things, are in all things,and hold all things together.  You left heaven to suffer and die for me, knowing everything about me including my sin and broken-ness.  Thank You Jesus!  What a great God You are.  I am not worth such efforts as I continue to struggle with inaction.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.