Thursday, June 9, 2016

Blessed is the one you discipline, Lord, the one you teach from your law.

Psalm 94

Blessed is the one you discipline, Lordthe one you teach from your law. v12

This is often a difficult message - that we should consider all discipline as training, and that God is removing our impurities and making us more like Him.


Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4

See also posts here.

My Prayer: Lord, Your righteousness reigns as perfect justice for those who love You and for those who reject You.  You know our heart and everything we do - nothing is concealed.  You are full of compassion and mercy and You often provide mercy when we don't deserve it.  I have experienced Your mercy myself - thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such mercy as I continue to worry and be harsh with my words and actions.  Please forgive me and help me turn from such sin towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith. Give me strength. Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message today and every day.