Wednesday, June 8, 2016

The Lord knows all human plans; he knows that they are futile.

Psalm 94

The Lord knows all human plans; he knows that they are futile. v11

I, like the author of this Psalm, see evil and wickedness all around me, and often grow weary of it, including the temptations that arise to follow and do such wickedness myself.  I cry out for judgement, but I must remember that judgement is for God alone.  One key way in which I am more guilty of wickedness than perhaps other more "overt" means is by relying more on my own strength and plans vs those of God.  I am reminded here that these are not only futile but sinful, and no less sinful than other means of wickedness (Romans 3:23).

See also posts here and here.

My Prayer: Lord, You are a great God, full of love, mercy, compassion, etc. for me, even though I am quite sure I am no less wicked than those for who I cry out for justice and punishment.  Thank You Jesus that You drank from the cup that I deserved.  You spared me from eternal damnation, giving me freedom from sin and eternity in Heaven with You.  Thank You Jesus!  I am surely not worth such a gift.  I too easily conform to the patterns of this world.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin....and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message today and every day.