Friday, June 10, 2016

When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your unfailing love, Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.

Psalm 94

When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your unfailing love, Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy. v18-19

Jesus wants us to be His hands and feet so that we can spread the good news of Him to all parts of the world - see Matthew 28:16-20, John 15:12.

Through Him we have power.

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. John 15:7

We also have freedom - freedom from sin...and we are given this power and freedom to accomplish His will for our lives.  We are to be bold.  When we are bold we may often feel like failures but when we truly trust in Him, we do not sink below the waves (Matthew 14)...our feet do not slip. 

My Prayer: Lord, You give us the ability to walk on water and if we have faith and trust in You we do not sink below the waves.  What a great God You are!  You are worthy of my worship and praise.  Yet often I do not fully trust and have faith in You - forgive me Jesus.  Help me overcome my doubt and lack of faith.  Help me turn towards You and love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me be bold.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.