Monday, June 6, 2016

Senseless people do not know, fools do not understand, that though the wicked spring up like grass and all evildoers flourish, they will be destroyed forever.

Psalm 92

Senseless people do not know, fools do not understand, that though the wicked spring up like grass and all evildoers flourish, they will be destroyed forever. v6-7

I am often distracted by the things of this world.  Much of that distraction is how I view others...envy, jealousy, impatience, anger, etc.  I am also often distracted by my own judgement of others' sin.  Yet I allow all of these distractions to take my eye off Jesus.  The world and all of its wickedness will go away - but Jesus will not.  I must fix my eyes on Jesus and continue to run the race set before me.


But you, Lord, are forever exalted. v8

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:18

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2

My Prayer: Lord, You are forever, and You are my rock - never changing like the shifting shadows.  You never lie and You always keep Your promises.  We can rest in You because You provide refuge and shelter from the storms of life.  You are worthy of my praise and worship.  Thank You Jesus for how You bless me daily.  I am not worth such love and blessing.  I am too easily distracted by the world and I take my eyes off Jesus and the race You set before me.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Give me strength. Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.