Monday, June 13, 2016

Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker; for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care.

Psalm 95

Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker; for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care. v6-7

A sweet reminder this morning of how God loves His children.  He places them under His care, and tends to us, ensuring our protection from predators and He provides for our needs.  Oh How He Loves Us. We should love and trust and Our Maker and Shepherd.  Drawing near to Him, praising Him in Worship, and living life as a daily sacrifice (Romans 12:1) are all spiritual disciplines that do this.  

Help me follow and love My Maker and Shepherd.

My Prayer: Lord, You are My Maker and My Shepherd.  You are worthy of my praise and worship.  You have never forsaken me and You always provide for me.  You come after me when I am lost.  What a great God You are!  Thank You for adopting me as Your child and for protecting and providing for me.  I am not worth such blessings.  You provide abundantly - just as You promise!  I am weak, selfish, impatient, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from such sin towards You.  Help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.