Tuesday, June 28, 2016

He remembers his covenant forever, the promise he made, for a thousand generations, the covenant he made with Abraham, the oath he swore to Isaac.

Psalm 105

He remembers his covenant forever, the promise he made, for a thousand generations, the covenant he made with Abraham, the oath he swore to Isaac. v8-9

As I posted yesterday, we need to remember what God has done for us and be present for all that He is and all that He has done for us - He is a God worthy of our praise and worship.  Similarly, I am reminded that God keeps ALL of His promises - and there are numerous promises throughout scripture.  In this particular Psalm, the author (presumably Asaph), takes us through How God kept his covenant with Abraham and His descendants.  For believers, we know that God kept all of His promises for the descendants that followed and for all of us - "no word from God will ever fail" (Luke 1:37).

Many promises exist in the Sermon on the Mount and for me - Matthew 5:6 is top of mind:

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6

Indeed - I feel blessed.

My Prayer: Lord, You are an awesome God that makes incredible promises and keeps ALL of Your promises!  How awesome is that!  Thank You Jesus for blessing me beyond what I deserve as my cup overflows in blessings.  I am not worth all of these blessings as I continue to lack in patience and mercy for others.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from such sin and turn towards You instead.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.