Friday, February 21, 2020

There I will meet you and speak to you; there also I will meet with the Israelites, and the place will be consecrated by my glory.

Exodus 29-31

There I will meet you and speak to you; there also I will meet with the Israelites, and the place will be consecrated by my glory. Exodus 29:42-43

Day 29 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) focuses on the consecration of Aaron and the priests, the consecration of the tabernacle, and further instructions on worship - once again no detail is spared.

My commentary* focuses on how "the tabernacle is more than just a temporary place for the Israelites to worship God: it foreshadows a more permanent temple to be built in future years, and later a spiritual temple to be known as the church".

*Smith, F. LaGard. The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) . Harvest House Publishers. Kindle Edition. 

As I posted yesterday, it is important to understand the extent to which God focuses on the details of our lives and our obedience.  Yet as I dig deeper into moral and ceremonial law, I am so grateful that I have a God in Jesus that focuses on my heart vs my external behavior and all of the regulations given by God to Moses for worship.  There is no way the Israelites could have done all of what God requested of them so God HAD to send Jesus!

I am grateful for Jesus and the grace and mercy He has for me.

My Prayer:  Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who focuses on my heart and who is full of grace and mercy for me - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such love.  I sin daily. Please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from my sin towards You and help me overcome such sin.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.