Tuesday, February 4, 2020

The Lord said to her, “Two nations are in your womb, and two peoples from within you will be separated; one people will be stronger than the other, and the older will serve the younger.”

Genesis  27-28

The Lord said to her, “Two nations are in your womb, and two peoples from within you will be separated; one people will be stronger than the other, and the older will serve the younger.” Genesis 25:23

Day 12 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) focuses on Jacob's conspiracy with Rebekah (whose plan it is) to deceive his father Issac to obtain the blessing promised for Esau.

Once again, we see deception at work in the lives of those who are ultimately used by God as part of a broader plan - in this case God redeems the sins of Rebekah and Jacob to forward His plan to bless Abraham and his descendants by making them into a great nation.

What is interesting here is how Rebekah fails to remember how God told her prior to the birth of Esau and Jacob that the "older will serve the younger" - see Genesis 25:23 - we often doubt God's ability to fulfill a promise yet there should be no doubt that God always keeps His promises.

For no word from God will ever fail. Luke 1:37

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are faithful indeed as I have experienced in my own life how Your promises always come true.  I am grateful. Yet I am undeserving.  I worry and I get caught up in the world - failing to resist temptation for many sins.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith. Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.