Monday, September 16, 2024

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Galatians 5:22-23

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

This morning, I begin preparation to host and lead worship services at the Gardens and the Lodge this Sunday 22SEP on behalf of my church - using the RayFowler.Org Fruit of the Spirit Sermon series, and for this upcoming Sunday, the focus is the Fruit of Love.  The sermon follows the following broad themes and this morning my focus is theme #1.

  1. Love and God
  2. Love comes first
  3. Growing in love

Love and God

First, scripture:

  • describes God as not only loving, but also that God IS love (1 John 4:8, 16) and it shares that all love comes from God, and that "whoever loves has been born of God and knows God" (1 John 4:7).  

Second, scripture:

  • shares that God showed his love by sending Jesus (1 John 4:9-10); this is not just an emotion but "an action determined by a fixed attitude." God loved us so much that He sent us His One and Only Son Jesus Christ. We are exhorted to see how love is about giving and sacrifice and God gave and sacrificed.

Third, scripture:

  • shares that God wants to develop His love in the lives of believers (1 John 4:11-12). "Remember, the fruit of the Spirit is part of your witness for Christ. People can’t see God, but they can see God in you when you allow God to develop his love in your life."

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who is full of grace and compassion for me - You saved me and continue to work in my life.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of my salvation and for all the blessings You pour out for me.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.