Saturday, September 14, 2024

[M]y God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:19

[M]y God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

Today I pause from my preparation for leading Sunday school tomorrow and listen to DesiringGod.com's Solid Joys devotion for today entitled God Will Supply All Your Needs. Encouraging us in our battles with anxiety, John Piper points first to Philippians 4:6, where Paul exhorts us to "not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."  Piper then moves to v19 where Paul promises us that God will supply all that we need. Piper expands on this by sharing: "[i]f we live by faith in this promise of future grace, it will be very hard for anxiety to survive. God’s “riches in glory” are inexhaustible. He really means for us not to worry about our future." We are also referred to Isaiah 41:10, where Piper describes how it has personally encouraged him in his life.  

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who is full of grace and compassion, providing for all of my needs, including my salvation!  Thank You Jesus!  Yet I am not deserving of these gifts.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.