Friday, September 20, 2024

[T]he grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.

1 Timothy 1:12-16

[T]he grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. 1 Timothy 1:14

Oops!  I am not hosting and leading worship services at the Gardens and the Lodge until next Sunday 29SEP on behalf of my church.  Although I did make a mistake on timing, I did prepare using the correct content that I will be using next Sunday - the RayFowler.Org Fruit of the Spirit Sermon series, and for next Sunday 29SEP, the focus is the Fruit of Love.  This said, given much of my preparation for next Sunday is near complete and that will focus on completing it early to mid-next week, until then I return to my study of 1 and 2 Timothy using DesiringGod.com's Look at the Book video series - picking up with 1 Timothy 1:12-16, Part 3 with the video entitled Faith and Love Are the Overflow of Grace

Excerpts from the video:

  • Focus on v14; mercy and grace are the kindness of God, treatment better than we deserve (as we deserve death per Romans 6:23)
  • This grace is all the more amazing given how Paul describes himself prior to his election by God on the road to Damascus (see also v13)
  • Faith refers to Christ and love "probably" refers to love towards others; see also Galatians 5:6, Ephesians 1:15-16, 1 Thessalonians 1:3-4, Philemon 5 - this is what overflows from grace as the "giver" of this faith (see also Ephesians 2:8-10)
  • Only in union with Christ is there saving faith and genuine love for others
  • Faith conquers unbelief, love conquers persecution and hate; Paul was given grace before even the creation of the world; see also for how this grace works 2 Timothy 1:9, 1 Corinthians 15:10 

Get to know God, His amazing grace and how this unending overflow of grace flows for believers!

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank You for Your amazing grace and how it never ends.  Of course I am undeserving - this is the nature of grace.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please continue to heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.