Wednesday, March 23, 2016

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?

Psalm 42

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God.  My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.  When can I go and meet with God? v1-2

God is my best friend, one with whom I cannot live without.  He is my refuge and my strength.  I have been blessed beyond what I deserve through my desire for Him and provision from Him.  I need nothing else...most importantly because I am broken and in need of both forgiveness, guidance, and transformation - to be more like Jesus.

Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers,but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night.  That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither—whatever they do prospers. Psalm 1:1-3

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God, full of love, compassion, kindness, patience, etc. for me.  Thank You Jesus. I am not deserving of these blessings or of any of the blessings You pour out for me.  I continue to worry.  Please forgive me.  Help me overcome such sin and turn towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me grow in my faith. Give me strength. Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo and radiation.  Please give her a clear mammogram today and a great visit with Dr. Huang.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message today and every day.