Wednesday, March 2, 2016

How abundant are the good things that you have stored up for those who fear you, that you bestow in the sight of all, on those who take refuge in you.

Psalm 31

How abundant are the good things that you have stored up for those who fear you, that you bestow in the sight of all, on those who take refuge in you. v19

The world defines good things in terms of wealth, health, material things, fame, status, etc., yet we must remember that we are not citizens of this world but instead citizens of Heaven - see post here.  And we exist not to glorify ourselves but instead Jesus, our Lord and Savior.  As such when God promises abundance - as He does in John 10:10 (ESV) - we must have an appreciation of God's view of abundance, which may include suffering, punishment, pain, etc. all of which are designed to bring us closer to Him.  This is certainly counter-intuitive but Gods ways are not our ways...(Isaiah 55:8).

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God that is perfect in all ways...there are no flaws in Your character, Your ways, or Your works.  You know everything about me yet You love me so much that You suffered and died for me...even though You led a sinless life and did not deserve to die...You willingly laid down Your life for me.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such a gift.  I continue to worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects of chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin....and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.