Wednesday, March 30, 2016

He summons the heavens above, and the earth, that he may judge his people....

Psalm 50

He summons the heavens above, and the earth, that he may judge his people:  “Gather to me this consecrated people, who made a covenant with me by sacrifice.”  And the heavens proclaim his righteousness, for he is a God of justice. v4-6

God is a righteous judge both able and worthy.  Able because He is God and worthy because He knows everything about us, and because He is patient, compassionate, and merciful with us.  His plans and will for our lives are perfect as are His deeds.  He is jealous for us.  Why would we want another judge?

God also does not want us to be slave to sin so "He sent His one and only son" (John 3:16).  When we are set free from sin we are also set free to be who God intends for us.  He provides His Word (Romans 12:2), the Holy Spirit (John 16:13), and the Church all to sharpen (Proverbs 27:17) and grow us into who He intends for us.  God is great and we thank Him for being the judge who is able to not only call us to account but to call us to who we are made to be.

My Prayer: Lord You are a great God and apart from You I am nothing.  Thank You for how You have blessed me day after day.  Forgive me for my worry and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Help me grow in my faith.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.