Tuesday, March 22, 2016

But as for me, I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me. You are my help and my deliverer; you are my God, do not delay.

Psalm 40

But as for me, I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me. You are my help and my deliverer;  you are my God, do not delay. v17

I often think I know what what I need...that someone else be a certain way.  Yet, first and foremost, I need Jesus.  I cannot control others nor my circumstances.  God is in control.  

See also posts here and here.

In particular, this one penetrates my heart today:

As it is, you boast in your arrogant schemes. All such boasting is evil. James 4:17

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You created the heavens, the earth, the universe, and all of its inhabitants.  You are all knowing, all powerful, yet full of love, mercy, patience, compassion, etc. for Your children, including myself - in spite of my sin.  Thank You Jesus!  Please forgive me for my lack of compassion and patience for others and for my worry.  Help me overcome such sin and turn towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo and radiation.  Please give her an "all clear mammogram".  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.