Wednesday, March 16, 2016

All my longings lie open before you, Lord; my sighing is not hidden from you.

Psalm 38

All my longings lie open before you, Lord; my sighing is not hidden from you. v9

Lord, I know You want Your children to be completely dependent on You.  For many, including myself, this is difficult.  I believe that I can produce results...yet I must recognize that all of it comes from You.

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

See also posts here, here from the OT, and here as well.

And God promises fruit when we abide in Him (John 15:1-8).

Once we recognize where all of our provision comes from, and in the context of our own sin, we MUST come to the conclusion that we are not worthy of such blessings and that we are and SHOULD be completely dependent on Him and through this dependence God once again promises blessings (Matthew 5:3).

God also promises that HIS strength will be on display in OUR weakness.

That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:10.

My Prayer: Lord, what a great God Your are that You produce such fruit not just in me but FOR me, for You desire for me to have life in the full....even though I continue to sin and I am broken.  Thank You Jesus for such blessings and mercy.  Please forgive me for my worry and my harshness with others.  Please do a work in me and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.