Tuesday, March 29, 2016

People, despite their wealth, do not endure; they are like the beasts that perish. This is the fate of those who trust in themselves, and of their followers, who approve their sayings.

Psalm 49

People, despite their wealth, do not endure; they are like the beasts that perish. This is the fate of those who trust in themselves, and of their followers, who approve their sayings. v12-13

Wealth and arrogance are dangerous indeed. There have been times in my life when I have trusted in myself primarily and on occasion as well.  God wants all of us...every day, all of the intimate details.  

Blessed are those who listen to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway. Proverbs 8:34
 
I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.” Psalm 16:2
 
For more references on prayer, see here, in particular:
 
May [the Lord] give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. Psalm 20:4
 
I DO want God to give me the desire(s) of my heart.
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You existed before time began and You will continue to exist after time expires.  You are the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings.  You know everything about me yet you chose me, came for me, then suffered and died for me, rescuing me from the slavery of sin and death.  Thank You Jesus - what an awesome gift - the greatest gift of all time.  I am not worth such a gift.  I worry - sometimes greatly.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me with my worry.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo and radiation.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin....and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.