Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Sing joyfully to the Lord, you righteous; it is fitting for the upright to praise him.

Psalm 33

Sing joyfully to the Lord, you righteous; it is fitting for the upright to praise him. v1

In my BSF study of Revelations, we discussed how God's mercies are daily and abundant and that it is appropriate for us to respond to God's mercies through worship, prayer, sharing the Gospel, extending God's mercies to others, etc. 

As I come to better understand the fullness of God's character, especially when I am enduring earthly troubles and suffering, I can see God's goodness in all things (Romans 8:28).  See also post here about a counter-intuitive view (based on Psalm 7:11) on God's wrath.

God is good...all the time.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, no doubt, You are good...all of the time.  Even when I am not, and especially when I am not, You are good.  Thank You for how you are so full of grace and mercy for me even though I am not deserving.  Please forgive me for my worry, my arrogance, my desire to glorify myself, and for my anger...just to name a few!  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo and radiation. Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.