Thursday, March 10, 2016

For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.

Psalm 36

For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light. v9

God promises, not just here but throughout the Bible, that He is life, and that we need to be aware of the lies of this world that promise life through things, jobs, health, people, etc.  

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10

In John 10:10, Jesus warns of Satan's influences for He is the Prince of This World and seeks to entice us with an earthly focus and with concerns of this world.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God and I have experienced the abundance and fullness of life You promise.  Thank You Jesus!  But I am not worth such blessings, mercies, etc.  I continue to worry and focus on this world.  Please forgive me and help me turn from and overcome such sin! Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin, and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.