Saturday, March 25, 2017

Be still before the Lord, all mankind, because he has roused himself from his holy dwelling.

Zechariah 2

Be still before the Lord, all mankind, because he has roused himself from his holy dwelling. v13

After 70 years of captivity in Babylon, God gives a message to the Jews through Zechariah, encouraging them to return to the Lord and to rebuild the temple. Yesterday, I posted how the Lord told the Jews how we would live among them.  How encouraging!  When You have the God of the universe with You - how encouraging indeed!  With such encouragement, our faith and trust in the Lord should grow and we should not worry.  Yet the Jews do worry - and I am certainly not one to judge because I worry also - too much.

The story of the Israelites is one of worry - of course among many themes - they constantly complain and grumble and turn from the Lord.  God does not want us to worry - see also Matthew 6:25-43.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

My Prayer:  Lord Jesus, You are a great God and I know You are with me - as the Holy Spirit, as Your Word, as the church and through my brothers and sisters in Christ.  You are indeed a great God and I know will always be with me - thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love. I do worry too much - please forgive me and help me overcome and turn from my sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself and Lisa strength and wisdom.  Please cure Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo. Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, the church and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.