Monday, March 13, 2017

The Lord is in his holy temple; let all the earth be silent before him.

Habakkuk 2

The Lord is in his holy temple; let all the earth be silent before him. v20

Many flaunt their sinfulness and place things, activities, people, themselves, etc. before God.  Sequentially speaking, NOTHING comes before God because HE is the Alpha - the beginning.  He is also the End (Revelation 22:13) with the implication being that God existed before time began, that He will exist after time ends, and that His kingdom will last forever.  You can also place other gods before Jesus in terms of priorities - yet this will end in peril as "no one comes to the Father except through [Jesus]" (John 14:6) and "[e]very tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire" (Matthew 7:18). 

God must possess the rightful place in our lives - He must be the number one priority.

You shall have no other gods before me. Exodus 20:3

We must respect and fear God for who He is.

Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:9-11

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are King of Kings and the Name Above All Names.  You are also the Lord of My Life and worthy of my praise and worship.  I know You love me and I know that You suffered and died for me..even though You lived a sinful life and did not deserve death but willingly surrendered Your life so that I could have life.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love and sacrifice.  I continue to rage in my sloth and selfishness.  Please forgive me and help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength and please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo. Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, the church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.