Thursday, March 23, 2017

This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘Return to me,’ declares the Lord Almighty, ‘and I will return to you,’ says the Lord Almighty.

Zechariah 1

This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘Return to me,’ declares the Lord Almighty, ‘and I will return to you,’ says the Lord Almighty. v2

Once again, the Lord displays how He is full of compassion and mercy, encouraging the Israelites to return to Him after many years of suffering by preceding generations.   The Lord is also faithful in that He never gives up on His covenant to Abraham to prosper His ancestors as God's chosen people.  

As I posted yesterday, God chose us while we were still sinners, and He loves us so much that He will forgive us of our sins - we just need to believe in Him and obey Him.  If we do so, we are promised to be blessed (see also Matthew 5:6).  

James echoes the message that Zechariah delivers:

Come near to God and he will come near to you. James 4:8

My Prayer: Lord, You ARE a great God, full of compassion and mercy and faithful as well!  I know You will never leave or forsake me.  I am not promised a life without trouble but I AM comforted that You will always be there to encourage me and help me through all trials.  I love You Jesus and I am grateful that You love me.  I am not worth such love.  I worry too much.  Please forgive me and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, the church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.