Wednesday, March 29, 2017

I will strengthen them in the Lord and in his name they will live securely,” declares the Lord.

Zechariah 10

I will strengthen them in the Lord and in his name they will live securely,” declares the Lord. v12

We all seek strength and security in our lives and often times we place our hope in money, jobs, relationships, etc; Yet God wants us to rest securely on Him - for He is the cornerstone.

From Judah will come the cornerstone[.] Zechariah 10:4

So this is what the Sovereign Lord says: “See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation; the one who relies on it will never be stricken with panic. Isaiah 28:16

The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone[.] Psalm 118:22

Jesus also warns us to avoid building our lives, hope, security on anything but Him.

“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.” Matthew 7:24-27

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed a great God and I want You to be the foundation for my life - because I know that You are always with me, will never leave or forsake me, will provide for me and will help me through any difficulty.  Yet I know that worry and I place security elsewhere - please forgive me and help me overcome such sin!  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, the church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.