Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Be silent before the Sovereign Lord, for the day of the Lord is near. The Lord has prepared a sacrifice; he has consecrated those he has invited.

Zephaniah 1

Be silent before the Sovereign Lordfor the day of the Lord is near. The Lord has prepared a sacrifice; he has consecrated those he has invited. v7

Over the past few days, I've posted about the need for reverent fear of the Lord.  Here, we once again learn of an impending punishment for Judah. Although Judah obeyed God under King Josiah, they did not under Josiah's sons.  Punishment awaits not just Judah and the surrounding nations (see v3), but "all mankind on the face of the earth".  Such a punishment equates to the end of times and this message from Zephaniah is once again a warning that God's patience is not unlimited and that there will be an end and at that time all will be judged according to what they have done (Revelation 22:12)

We must act with a sense of urgency during the time we have here on earth.


Be merciful to those who doubt; save others by snatching them from the fire; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh. Jude 1:22-23


Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near. Revelation 1:3
 
Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. Psalm 90:12
 
The end of all things is near. Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:7-8
 
My Prayer:  Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God....creator and author of all things and merciful Heavenly Father.  You have been SO patient with me...thank You Jesus.  I know I am not worth such love and patience because I often fail to dispense such patience, grace and mercy to others.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself strength and wisdom.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, the church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.