Saturday, March 4, 2017

But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.

Micah 7

But as for me, I watch in hope for the LordI wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me. v7

There will be times of turmoil in our lives when we have personal tragedies, challenges, etc. or when we are surrounded by those in the world whose sin and influence gives us great fear.  My hope is that I don't give in to my fear but instead rest in the Lord.

We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. Hebrews 6:19

You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word. Psalm 199:114

I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.  I will not fear though tens of thousands assail me on every side. Psalm 3:5-6

The fear of the Lord leads to life; then one rests content, untouched by trouble. Proverbs 19:23
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God who will never leave or forsake me even during times of trouble.  You are faithful and You are my refuge, strength, shield and rock.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love as I continue in my sin.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.