Monday, March 6, 2017

The Lord is a jealous and avenging God; the Lord takes vengeance and is filled with wrath. The Lord takes vengeance on his foes and vents his wrath against his enemies.

Nahum 1

The Lord is a jealous and avenging God; the Lord takes vengeance and is filled with wrath.
The Lord takes vengeance on his foes and vents his wrath against his enemies. v2

In a prophecy regarding Ninevah, a city spared by God's great mercy following Jonah's warnings to repent, God is described as a jealous God.  God is jealous because He loves us, and He wants and deserves our full attention.  Yet we often serve other Gods because our hearts become distracted and we wander of course. 

We must grow our desire of God such that we don't wander.  God promises to protect us.


Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6

Throughout scripture we are warned to be alert, to watch out and to be awake.  If we desire God and are faithful to Him He will protect us.

Then you will understand what is right and just and fair—every good path.For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul. Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you. Proverbs 2:9-11

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, I know You are a jealous God - but that is a good thing...it is because You love me and You don't want anything bad to happen to me.  You deserve my full attention.  You are faithful to me and You bless me beyond what I deserve - thank You Jesus but I am not deserving of such love.  I am too easily distracted.  Please forgive me for my sin and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.