Friday, March 17, 2017

Then I will purify the lips of the peoples, that all of them may call on the name of the Lord and serve him shoulder to shoulder.

Zephaniah 3

Then I will purify the lips of the peoples, that all of them may call on the name of the Lord and serve him shoulder to shoulder. v9

We must recognize that even when God punishes us, it is out of love.  As such, we should not turn our back from Him when we experience the suffering that may come from punishment.  Instead we should recognize that God disciplines those He loves.


"My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline,
    and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
because the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
    and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.” Hebrews 12:5-6
 
Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. Revelation 3:19
 
 See also posts here.

When we view God as a loving God and not like a harsh God we can see how God calls us forward to something, either here on this earth or in heaven.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
 
Here in Zephaniah, we see both an angry God and a loving God as He offers us hope beyond the punishment. 
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God full of love and compassion for me and everything You do, including punishment, is out of love for me.  I know You love me.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love, as my worry continues.  Please forgive me and help me turn from such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do. Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength. Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior. Help me serve You, my family, the church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.