Thursday, March 30, 2017

The people of Jerusalem are strong, because the Lord Almighty is their God.

Zechariah 12

The people of Jerusalem are strong, because the Lord Almighty is their God. v5

We often lament over how those who seemingly sin without consequences...we want judgement but we know that God alone is judge.  Here, Zechariah delivers a message that enemies of Israel will be destroyed.  

A prophecy: The word of the Lord concerning Israel.

The Lord, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the human spirit within a person, declares: “I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling. Judah will be besieged as well as Jerusalem. On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves. On that day I will strike every horse with panic and its rider with madness,” declares the Lord. “I will keep a watchful eye over Judah, but I will blind all the horses of the nations. Zechariah 12:1-4

God's justice is perfect and everyone will be held accountable for their lives either upon death or at the end of times.

“Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done." Revelation 22:12

We should be comforted in knowing that God's justice is perfect and be freed to live for Him without concern that justice is not in the cards.  We of course should be working to "snatch" people from the fire.

My Prayer: Lord You are a great God and worthy of worship, praise and full attention.  You bless me beyond what I deserve. Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love and blessing.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do. Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal her of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.