Friday, March 3, 2017

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Micah 6

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. v8

God wants us to love Him with all of our heart, soul and mind and to love others as ourselves (Exodus 20, Matthew 22).  We should desire to get to know Him (see also post from Weds this week) and as Micah states "walk humbly with your God".   God wants a relationship with Him, not as a friend but as our Lord and Savior.

We should want such a relationship.  We all need God (Romans 3:23) and God promises freedom from the sting of sin and death and eternity in heaven with Him (John 3:16).  We have a God that produces fruit from us for His glory and our good (Galatians 5:22).

Yes, there will be costs to following God but we should "take heart, because [He] has overcome the world" (John 16:33).

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God worthy of our full attention and worship!  You created the heavens and the earth and everything in it.  You lived a sinful live on earth then suffered and died for us...knowing everything about our lives, including our sin.  You chose and adopted us out of Your grace and mercy, giving us freedom from sin and eternity in heaven with You.  What an amazing God You are!  Thank You for the many blessings and for the love You pour out on me daily.  I am not worth such love.  I am lazy and selfish.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal and cure her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, the church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.