Friday, March 10, 2017

For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.

Habakkuk 2

For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay. v3

Habakkuk pleads with the Lord for justice for the Chaldeans (Babylonians) and the Lord tells Habakkuk that all will have to stand for their sin - be assured that the Lord will bring justice to the Chaldeans.

As a follow up to yesterday, we must not only allow God alone to serve justice but we must also live in reverent fear of the Lord today and offer ourselves as a "living sacrifice" (Romans 12:1) with the hope and confidence that God will save us from eternal damnation. 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God full of love and compassion for me...I am easily distracted and my priorities are often not of You....thank You for Your great mercies but please forgive me this morning!  Help me overcome such sin and turn towards You first and with my best efforts. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal her of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, the church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.