Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Rejoice greatly, Daughter Zion! Shout, Daughter Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and victorious, lowly and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.

Zechariah 9

Rejoice greatly, Daughter Zion! Shout, Daughter Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and victorious, lowly and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey. v9

When God created the Heavens and the Earth and all of its inhabitants in Genesis, God then had a plan to save us from the sting of sin and death through His Son Jesus Christ.


Here in Zechariah we see a prophecy of the coming of Jesus - of his arrival in Jerusalem...on a donkey.  God is gracious, His plan is perfect, and with Jesus Christ we do indeed have victory!

The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:56-57 
 
I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33
 
My Prayer: Lord God You are an awesome God full of love and compassion for all, including me.  You sent Your Son for me. Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love.  I worry and I often cannot sleep because of it.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.