Wednesday, November 8, 2017

But that is not what God desires; rather, he devises ways so that a banished person does not remain banished from him.

2 Samuel 14

But that is not what God desires; rather, he devises ways so that a banished person does not remain banished from him. v14

After killing his brother Amnon, Absalom flees.  Joab, David's commander of his army, devises a plot to bring Absalom back to Jerusalem.  He conspires with a woman from Tekoa to deliver a message to King David.  The woman convinces David to allow Absalom to return to Jerusalem.  

Part of her message includes a statement on God's mercy God, and that while God does get disappointed (and angry at times) when we sin, He does desire for us to return to Him.  That is well documented with the Israelites, and ultimately, Jesus Christ paves the way for us to have freedom from the sting of sin and death, inviting all to accept an invitation for Jesus to become our Lord and Savior.

See also the Parable of the Lost Sheep, Lost (Prodigal) Son, and the Lost Coin in Luke 15.


God is great!

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God, full of love and compassion for me...for You have always welcomed me back to Your arms when I sin and ask for Your forgiveness.  You have always forgiven me.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such love and compassion and mercy.  I continue to worry.  Please forgive me and help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please give them Godly friends and spouses.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.